Search the forum,

Discuss Connecting 36mm to 32mm waste pipe in short distance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pluminthedunny

Hi

Just wondering if someone can help with the following.

I have a 36mm waste pipe coming straight out of the wall below a small hand basin, to which I want to connect a 32mm pipe from the basin trap. Fairly straight forward you might say - use a multifit or universal connector. However, the space between the sink trap and the waste pipe is about 2 inches max.

Any suggestions for a product or something I could do to fit this? I was thinking maybe a combined push-fit/solvent weld fitting - the 36mm pipe is a solvent weld pipe I believe - but I can't find anything on the market like this.

Many thanks for any help

Chris

can you not cut one of the sections back slightly and install something like this?

32mm_34mm_36mm.joiner.couplin.compress.multifit.1qtrin.basin.wste.pipe_1.jpg

Thanks - unfortunately there just isn't enough room for one of those.

After way too much research on t'internet and blank looks from the first plumber's merchants I visited, the second suggested a McAlpine part, which is part solvent weld and part chrome compression fitting which I should be able to fit over the outgoing waste after some wall 'adjustment.' Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Connecting 36mm to 32mm waste pipe in short distance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock