Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Connecting 15mm to 19mm (3/4"?) in the Fittings & Pipes area at

  1. will smith

    will smith New Member

    hi I need to connect a 15mm chrome pipe to a 19mm (which I believe equates to 3/4")
    Neither pipe has a threaded end.
    Is there such a thing as double compression reducing joint?
    If not is it possible?
  2. gmartine

    gmartine GSR

    Yes you can get a 3/4" x 15mm coupler at most places...

    Male Coupler 15mm x ¾

    You'll obviously need a nut and olive for the 3/4" end so just go to a plumbers merchants
  3. steadyon

    steadyon Active Member

    What is the 19mm pipe made of. Its an odd size in the UK for either copper or steel. You could look at Philmac double ended repair joiner which will join 15 to 21 at each end.

    CHRISX Active Member

    Hello gmartine,

    The fitting that You gave the link to is a `3/4" Male Iron to 15mm Copper` - the 3/4" threaded end will not accept a Pipe + Nut & Olive.

    The MIC fitting is for screwing into a 3/4" female thread and then connecting to a 15mm Copper pipe.

  5. will smith

    will smith New Member

    Hi steadyon the pipe is chrome. I know it is a odd size. It actually measures a gnats bredth over 18mm but the manufacture says it is 19mm which is 1/16th under 3/4".
    It is size of the valve on a shower In Line Diverter made by Hudson reed.
    I attempting to create a Frankenstein rigid riser shower as no one appears to make a rigid riser with a hand shower Diverter to be used with a bath shower mixer tap... there are tonnes for exposed valve taps, but they all seem to have 19mm(18mm) pipes.
    It is driving me somewhat mad as it seems to be a really obvious product. The only one I can find is made by Burlington and they want 900 quid!
    So I want to join two pipes together of different widths and need a coupler that has two compression nuts as the pipe is unthreaded.
    Or I need to get the fitting from the bath mixer up to the Diverter made to order (again a cost that I'm sure will be prohibitive)

    Pulse the male coupler posted above is brass, even if it did accommodate a nut and olive it would be the wrong colour!

    This is a bloody nightmare that has now been ongoing for a month.

    The idea for a frankenshower csme from an earlier post on this site. However the In Line Diverter that was suggested has now been discontinued and instead of the original 15mm fittings bristan have changed to, you guessed it, 19mm!!!

    Please can someone suggest a solution


  6. galaxy_plumbing

    galaxy_plumbing Plumber GSR

    do you have some pictures you can share? you can get chrome reducer Reducing coupling 22mm x 15mm you can change 22mm olive for 3/4in, but will this help, not sure
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  7. Ric2013

    Ric2013 Plumber

    Did you make the Frankenstein's monster style shower?
  8. AWheating

    AWheating Trusted Plumber GSR

    19mm is a Euro size
Similar Threads - Connecting 15mm 19mm Forum Date
Half inch or 15mm pipe fittings question Plumbing Forum May 22, 2018

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. can you rethread a 19mm to 3/4?

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. can you rethread a 19mm to 3/4?