Search the forum,

Discuss Condense connection to rainwater downpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassed up

Gas Engineer
Just looking for any suggestions, can't find a 68mm strap on boss and didn't really want to drill a hole and silicone. Anyone tried one of those mechanical soil bosses?

Try not to do that i have had a blocked soak away more than once which backed up into the boiler after a really heavy storm , fit a plastic soakaway with limestone chippings .

Would that be a type of in line hopper?
Just a standard fallpipe hopper / box head- no unsightly silicone, fear of leaks or chance of it backing up into the boiler. Not to building regs but sometimes needs must.

Try not to do that i have had a blocked soak away more than once which backed up into the boiler after a really heavy storm , fit a plastic soakaway with limestone chippings .

It doesn't go into a soakaway it's a combined sewer and comes out on the first floor

Just a standard fallpipe hopper / box head- no unsightly silicone, fear of leaks or chance of it backing up into the boiler. Not to building regs but sometimes needs must.
Ok so the top section of downpipe would hang inside the hopper?

Worcester says you can do this but you need an air gap. Most people I know cut the pipe and use a offset tee or a y

Normally use a y but can't get them easily locally so a t and street 45 have to do somtimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condense connection to rainwater downpipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock