Search the forum,

Discuss Condensation or leak on kitchen tap cold water isolation valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am trying to determine whether we have a very minor leak around the isolation valve or just condensation:

Last night I have dropped the chopping board into the kitchen sink very heavily and thus decided to check if any damage to the plumbing system, and firstly used my fingers to try out the connectors between pipes and isolation valves (both cold and hot water), found the hot one was fine but the cold one can feel a little bit of wet, cannot be seen though.

Then I used a piece of toilet tissue to check the cold one, can see it is just a little bit of wet, which I think it might be condensation. Tried several times in 2 mins though, every time I can see the "wet" result, and this put me into a little bit of worry as I don't think condensation could be build up so quickly...

This morning I checked it again using the tissue, have the same "little bit wet" result, and I can confirm that I did not use the tap between last night's check and this check, so I think the pipe's water temperature should be warmed up and the condensation should be gone?

Grateful for your views on whether I am likely to have a leak on it, and how to get this checked?

Many thanks
Chong

I would keep an eye on it for a week if it's still the same you have a slight weep and the nuts on the valve need a nip

Are the two pipes next to each other or above each other and if above is the cold above the hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensation or leak on kitchen tap cold water isolation valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock