Discuss Condensate Piping decisions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacon_sandwich

Gas Engineer
Hi guys, am changing out a Imax W60 for a vaillant ecotec 65 and as i got to the existing condensate i noticed it had been run using push fit waste. Now i have always used solvent weld pipes for this so pondering what to do. The existing pipe goes through the concrete floor, then under block paved area to main drain. Thoughts on.
1. Leave as is, its work for years with no problems ( i am told by client)
2. Find a clever way of sliding a pipe inside the existing, its about 40mm waste pipe with one 90 degree bend.
3. Get out the jack hammer and treat it as a building job.. lol

Push fit is fine also you can drop the high temp into it as well

The only stumbling block is the size right for the length

What meter is in ?

I could at least replace the push fit for a new one, just leaves the 90 under the concrete somewhere. U16, pipework is massive....

I could at least replace the push fit for a new one, just leaves the 90 under the concrete somewhere. U16, pipework is massive..

Would leave it and use a waste compression coupling and do what you want afterwards

You commercially gas safe ??

Well was a bit tongue in cheek, its been run in copper must be around 40mm, i normally do steel for this stuff, Would be amazed if had a pressure issue, time will tell.

Well was a bit tongue in cheek, its been run in copper must be around 40mm, i normally do steel for this stuff, Would be amazed if had a pressure issue, time will tell.

42mm will be as long as it meets the regs will be fine

How far is the run ?

Dont really know, meters in the cellar, pipe disappears and then re-appears in boiler area, assuming a direct route, will be 10-15m with probably about 6 X 90 degree bends, but its a pure guess.

Be fine with 42mm if no other appliances on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensate Piping decisions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back