Search the forum,

Discuss Condensate in to cast stack? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Evening lads need to run a condense tomorrow for a new install. Can I just chop a section out the cast stack and fernco a section of plastic in to it with a boss???
i can't find anything in the viper saying I can't but I got a nagging voice in my head saying I can't because it's acidic

put a condense neutraliser in line before the cast stack,

Doing my Gas qualifications at present and were told if going into cast stack there must be a waste inlet higher than the condensate inlet so it will wash down and dilute the condensate.Bottom of page 14.21 in Domestic Gas Safety On Site Guide.

Last edited:
Doing my Gas qualifications at present and were told if going into cast stack there must be a waste inlet higher than the condensate inlet so it will wash down and dilute the condensate.Bottom of page 14.21 in Domestic Gas Safety On Site Guide.
Spot on my son!
Keep this up and you will go places. :wink:

As mentioned if no other reasonable option you can discharge to cast waste as long as there is waste discharge connections above to wash down.
Tests have been carried out that found any damage due to condensate to cast was negligible.

Evening lads need to run a condense tomorrow for a new install. Can I just chop a section out the cast stack and fernco a section of plastic in to it with a boss???
i can't find anything in the viper saying I can't but I got a nagging voice in my head saying I can't because it's acidic
I think there's a TB on this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensate in to cast stack? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock