Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Concealed thermostatic, held hose connection fitting to wall? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. NEIL ROBINS

NEIL ROBINS New Member

After visiting a plumbing store I am none the wiser as they had no idea! Am I sure there is an easy answer?
    Trying to find a bracket or fittings to connect shower handle and water supply mount to the wall (From a concealed mixer valve). It's the posh wall mount one that independent and needs concealed supply feed from the one outlet on the mixer valve. The flexible shower hose screws into it.
    All it has is a thread. No nut washer or connector.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WhrWjNA1EoWY1Rq1A

How to fix it so you can screw this in so its flush with the final level of the tiles and tight enough into the pipework to get a good seal? I'm lost please take time to look, I would be most grateful
    Neil

Update:
    Found two grid screws that allow the fitting to spin, assuming this is so you can tighten hard up then adjust the rotation so the fitting points down?
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Cb1AewWBCrfrxZZ26
    Still, two question remains..what do you tighten up to? What pipe bracket connection?

Same applies with this as when tight the solder connections are at any angle. How to make it easy?
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/i87GNRKqz8DA5WGd9

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
  2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I use a backplate elbow and some time to make sure it fits right eg right depth

3. NEIL ROBINS

NEIL ROBINS New Member

So...
    I am assuming you measure what sticks past the backing board = the tile and gout thickness and work back from that adding or removing packers? Seems to be no tolerance for adjustment for any error, how do you work it out so accurately before the backing board and tiles?

4. ShaunCorbs

You want to be normally the backplate elbow face inline with the backerboard eg just level with the back of it

Depending on tile thickness

You can always cut the thread of the stub if it's too long afterwards can't be too short tho

5. NEIL ROBINS

NEIL ROBINS New Member

Ahhh, got yah. ..

What about the flat shower head fittings. How do you tighten them up hard making sure they point down at 90degrees?
    The last picture link?

6. NEIL ROBINS

NEIL ROBINS New Member

Ahhh I see thanks
    Multiple winds of tape?

7. ShaunCorbs

Yea or something like loctite 577 it's a bit of trail and error