Search the forum,

Discuss Compression reducing set on barrier pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest123

Is it possible to use a compression reducing set i.e 22mm to 15mm with Speedfit pipe as the type I have don't compress with an olive? I've used scores of these with copper in compression fittings, but I think that I may have to use the type with an olive for Speedfit, using the inserts?

:)

not 100% sure but why not just use speedfit reducer:)regards turnpin

When space is tight and when using compression fittings, I'd like to connect the plastic pipe directly. When teeing off 22mm copper with a 22mm tee I'd like to connect plastic directly into the tee without using anything else but a reducing set and not a separate Speedfit reducer or a reducing compression tee.
I've got loads of reducing sets and I'm wondering if it's possible.

I have only used one of these collapsable type reducing sets in the past but only on copper it worked but I would prefer not to use them again.If you have a hydraulic test pump or some one you know has why not make up a test frame and pump it up to 1.1/2 times working pressure bit long winded I know but may save a lot of heartache in the end good luck :)regards turnpin

Good reply, thanks I'll try a pressure test. I suspect that as they don't compress onto the plastic pipe, it may blow off, but they work fine for me on copper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Compression reducing set on barrier pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do any of you guys use this type of reducer? It doesn’t have an olive and the bottom part of the brass compresses onto the pipe by the looks of it and the top is removable. I haven’t used them before tbh. I can only seem to find the 3 part versions by me.
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to connect 3/4" copper to 22mm copper in an old house. However it appears that the 3/4" is actually slightly smaller (measured at 21.1mm) than it normally is. This means I've been unable to use the special 3/4 to 22mm compression fittings as the olive is just too loose...
Replies
Views
Yes, it me again. I have a leaking compression joint that is connected to plastic pipe. I have now read elsewhere that it is not a good idea to connect plastic into compression joints. It DID have an insert in the plastic pipe. I decided to use plastic JG speedfit pipe in the compression...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock