Search the forum,

Discuss compression or quick connect fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mr Wilson

got a job commin up which im using pex. ive used sharkbite and john guest quick connects before with good success in australia but looking for a supplier for push fittings but cant seem to find a online supplier that ships to germany. i have found plenty that sell compression fittings but ive never used them on plastics only copper...

what are folks experience using pex compression fittings... im leaning that way towards compression as they are about 1/2 price of quick / push fittings.

thoughts muchly appreciated.

what size is the pex as it will prob be different than copper and im sure there will be adaptors

what size is the pex as it will prob be different than copper and im sure there will be adaptors

hea shaun... mate im using 20mm PEX-Al-PEX and your right plenty of couplers / adapters from pex fittings to copper so no worries there. my question is more in regards to the benefits of push fittings over compression aside from the obvious speed of application and removal. ive mainly used push on pex and compression/ solder on copper but never compression on pex and because its going in the wall i wanna be sure compression will work.

have you got a link to what you mean as normal compression (dont think will work )

yeah theres a full line of brass compression fittings designed for pex ... forum dosent let me post links ... unless im doing it wrong

if your using alpex it's more than likely to have been made in Germany why don't you just try local builders merchants or try Bau Haus diy stores they have a massive range and would probably do the fittings you require

if your using alpex it's more than likely to have been made in Germany why don't you just try local builders merchants or try Bau Haus diy stores they have a massive range and would probably do the fittings you require

cheers mate .. im all good got a full range of crimp fittings at a hardware close to me ... although couldnt find crimp to 15m copper had to use a adapter but only a 1$ more so not so bad. thanks all the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to compression or quick connect fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm trying to connect 3/4" copper to 22mm copper in an old house. However it appears that the 3/4" is actually slightly smaller (measured at 21.1mm) than it normally is. This means I've been unable to use the special 3/4 to 22mm compression fittings as the olive is just too loose...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody! Just a quick question and hopefully you would be able to help. I have 2 radiator pipes, coming out from plasterboard wall, those pipes was prepared to be connected to radiator, once it will be hanged. My question is: Is it acceptable to use compression elbow fittings chrome...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm in middle of my bathroom renovation and about to connect up the shower valve. Thus far I've run all copper but would you recommend I use soldered to 1/2 adapters in to the valve or compression fitting to 1/2? Obviously I'd need to pre-solder the adapter before installing the 1/2...
Replies
Views
Hi I've purchased a GROHE | Euphoria 260 Exposed Shower ( looks nice ) however Im missing some initial connecting adapters the installation instructions say it comes with " easy install adapters " and threaded tape ....I have neither of these ,all I have is the " S " unions ... so I did a bit of...
Replies
Views
Apologies for the stupid question, I'm just a newbie playing under the sink. I have an isolation valve and an elbow, both of which have compression fittings that would normally fix to copper pipe. I need to connect both together directly. What is the correct fitting to do this? Surely I don't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock