Discuss Competent Persons Schemes ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pipedream

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of Competent Persons Schemes. I have been in the CORGI Plumbing CPS for a few years and it has gone through a few changes. Indeed it is going through another change of management now.

Anyone have any views on any of the CP schemes out there?

How many of you are in a CPS?

How many of you do your own notifications ?

I am begining to wonder if being in a CPS is worth the hassle.

Any views would be welcome

I'm registered with oftec competent persons scheme for my oil work and unvented.

Notifications are easy enough on line and it seems to give the customer confidence when you can tell them you are registered with a competent persons scheme.

I don't know about worth the hassle, I just see it as a must. Although they don't actually do a lot for their (my) money.

Simon

I agree that being in a CPS does instil confidence in customers. I am also in the OFTEC scheme for my oil work and I am happy with that.

I also do a lot of bathrooms and they need to be notified (dependant on how you interpret the Building Regs)

The hassle I have had has been to do with the changes that the CORGI CPS has gone through meaning that I have not been able to do any notifications for three months while the scheme changes hands.

I have been looking at the APHC - anyone any experience with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Competent Persons Schemes ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back