Search the forum,

Discuss commercial catering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambrosia

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
thinking about doing commercial catering, can anyone recommend any good CoDC1 courses in the London area

also which do you consider the essential catering appliances i should take

thanks
Seth

Last edited:
has anybody used 'Gas Safety Services Training Ltd' in Earlsfield south london, their prices seem pretty reasonable

also how common are Forced Draught Burners

I would look at your local collage first, regarding doing commercial catering which I have done some of , I could not think of a worse environment to work in hot dirty slippery floors usually a nightmare for parking , bad payers ,I dont mean to put you off ,each to their own i suppose

to be honest your not the 1st person to say that the resturant trade are bad payers and that invoices are often hard to get paid,
maybe i should think it through a bit more before taking the course

thanks Marc

Yeh it is a bad environment to work in but there are ways around it. Rubber gloves, disposable overall etc. The are not many catering engineers and if you are a sole trader it's a notch to your belt. Most commercial catering is handled by big companies, if you are small it's a niche market! But there are bad payers.

They can't all be bad payers. Maybe you have had some bad experiences or your just trying to protect your niche market. Am thinking of doing commercial catering course and I think it's definitely worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to commercial catering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi We are a commercial premises Have been using the same plumber for years and very happy with his work but recently came to light he has a domestic ticket. When questioned he said it was ok as all the boilers he works on are under 70kw? He also says he does not touch the commercial catering...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon. I got a new Mapress gas installation in my catering business. All end points are 1/2" the main tubing is 32mm. Some appliances have 3/4" hoses connected by previous owners /installers, although their inner tubing is 1/2" too - including the 6 burner/ 1 oven range cooker. Does...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some domestic and new builds here and there. Sole trader working for numerous different companies. Been thinking that maybe it's time I started my own...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Not sure if this is the correct area to post? Firstly, i'm not doing this work myself but I need to get a question answered as it impacts an outdoor kitchen slab i'm going to pour and need to run pipe or conduit under it. Having a commercial LPG griddle installed on the outdoor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently had the Vaillant weather comp VRC720f and VR71 fitted to my hot water tank, radiator circuit and UFH downstairs (run via heatmiser). My aim is to run the boiler on modulation at a low temperature. I've figured out I can heat the home well on a minus temp day at a flow temp of 45...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock