Search the forum,

Discuss combi with stainless steel heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
have decided a stainless steel exchanger is what i want in boiler, as it seems to be when you buy breakdown cover some places exclude heat exchanger

i know baxi platinum is , awaiting installer list from ATAG but unsure they will be too new for back up support in my area,

so whats best i had originally looked at gloworm as they made by valliant but the exchanger is aluminum so i think i have crossed that off list.

is it right that you dont use inhibitor is stainless steel is that a benefit??

You use inhibitor irrespective of what type of hex you have, don't forget the rest of the system needs protection from corrosion too.

Veissmann use SS hex.

Could I suggest that you don’t buy breakdown cover as your boiler will have xx number of years warranty and just find a recommended local gas safe engineer to service in line with manufacturers requirements. I would still recommend Vaillant/Glowworm and you can get up to I believe a 15 year warranty on both if serviced by their people.

wasnt going to go for breakdown cover until about year 9,

15yr warranty thats interesting,

so viesmman only one with no inhibitor

Some breakdown companies won’t cover if boiler over 7 years. Not trying to be awkward but often they’re a lot more trouble than they’re worth and they always try and wriggle out of their responsibility

well found the glow worm energy which can offer up to 15yrs but heat exchanger is aluminum, they dont do stainless

so is it a myth that stainless better, yet vaillant do SS HE but they cant honour that length of warranty

Gloworm honouring there warrenty you have more chance getting a sheep to fly :D

so are vaillant the same for warranty.

Contacted ATAG they have 5 select partners within 2o mile from me, seem very few and far between

Vaillant arnt bad the best are Worcester for warrenty

WHY is there 2 threads on what is basically the same Q?
Reckon the op has enough Intel now to decide but can see it continuing over the weekend.

Never ever ever had a problem with Glowworm warranty on the couple of times I’ve had to call them out.

well found the glow worm energy which can offer up to 15yrs but heat exchanger is aluminum, they dont do stainless

so is it a myth that stainless better, yet vaillant do SS HE but they cant honour that length of warranty
Vaillant do a 10 year warranty is you find a Vaillant accredited installer.

so are vaillant the same for warranty.

Contacted ATAG they have 5 select partners within 2o mile from me, seem very few and far between
How many Rolls Royce’s are in your area? Same kind of analogy in my opinion.

Atag or Ideal vogue, both have stainless hex’s and 10 year guarantees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combi with stainless steel heat exchanger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock