Search the forum,

Discuss Combi Store Boiler in a 4 bed property? Veismann 222F with 100L store? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I've looked through old threads on similar questions, however i was hoping for advice regarding our house project.

When i've read threads before when people have asked similar questions - some people say that the Veismann Stored combi is a great boiler and would be adequate, however most comments point to a pressurised cylinder system being the only way, but without properly explaining why?

We have a three bed detached property which we're currently renovating and increasing in size, adding a three storey extension to the rear. The floor slab in the existing house area is currently removed and we plan to add UFH to the existing and also to the new extension ground floor, with radiators upstairs throughout.

Floor area in total when finished will be approx 200m2 - 85m2 Grd Floor, 85m2 First Floor and 30m2 second floor bedroom.
4 bed, 1 bathroom with bath and shower, 1 ensuite with bath and shower, 1 guest bedroom with ensuite shower, wc with wash hand basin downstairs, kitchen tap.

I've always lived with combo boilers, but this property is set to have many more showers etc.

We will be replacing the incoming mains at the road with a new plastic pipe, however the current water pressure from the existing lead supply is just over 8 bar which is very high. We will have the water board adjust this down in advance of the installation.

I know that most people would look to a pressurised cylinder system for this type of project, however i really want to go for a very large combi store. I like the idea of heating what you need (apart from the small stored capacity) and don't really want to go down the route of pressurised cylinder. I'm also conscious that when a cylinder is empty the heat up time needs to be considered, where that is no problem with a combi.

For 99% of the time it would be 1x shower being used and potentially a kitchen tap. I believe also (unless i'm mistaken) that the largest Veismann could cope with that in addition to a guest shower being used also at the same time?

I've looked a the Veismann 222-F combo store which has a 100L storage capacity in addition to the on demand of the combi aspect too. Worcester do a very large one too - the 550 cdi stored combi, but has a smaller stored capacity.

My questions really is - i understand the demands of the 3x showers, plus a kitchen tap, plus possibly a wash hand basin could be required all at the same time, but the likelihood of that ever happening seems to me to be so small that it doesn't seem to be worth the larger cylinder system. Worst case scenario for us would be 1x shower being used, plus a guest staying using a shower and then a kitchen tap - although this again would be fairly infrequent and could be managed.

Any advice or opinions would be most appreciated. If you could elaborate on why a pressurised cylinder system is the only option (if that's your opinion) that would be most helpful.

Thanks for your time

Tom

Attachments

• large-314800fc-ec8a-4c31-bdbe-ab0300e874d2-694x1000.png
    large-314800fc-ec8a-4c31-bdbe-ab0300e874d2-694x1000.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 6
222 would be fine also don’t get the water supply to adjust the pressure

Install a prv your end

What’s your water flow rate lpm ?

Yes reduces the pressure downstream takes 8 bar and reduces down to what you set eg 4 bar etc

Need to know your flow rate as this will effect how many outlets you can have open test it out with one outlet open and then open another once you have that figure

Reply to Combi Store Boiler in a 4 bed property? Veismann 222F with 100L store? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock