Search the forum,

Discuss Combi Not Working - Main Combi 30 HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adlez

My boiler stopped working yesterday. After leaving it off for a while it worked all evening and this morning. Since then though it has stopped working again. I left it off for about an hour and as the house is now getting cold I just powered it up again. It came on for about 5 minutes and then stopped working again. The fault light is of the fan which according to the manual is air pressure switch that needs replacing. Section E of page 51...

http://www.mainheating.co.uk/docs/main_combi_30_he_installation_service.pdf

Everything looks fine, the fan spins up. It gets to the point where you should hear the clicks of the igniter but this doesn't happen. It can't be this though as sometimes it does work so it leads me to believe that its a check prior to ignition that's causing the issue.

Here's a video of the issue (click the video otherwise its a small looping preview).

https://goo.gl/photos/d7gwyoQzNJhfG1Tt9

Here's it working. Only watch the first 30 seconds, I left it recording thinking it will go off again which it didn't (this was last night).

https://goo.gl/photos/Hk9asntwJ3yWYoa87

Sorry to say you require the services of a gas safe engy

You can't repair a gas appliance unless your qulified

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Hi Adlez,

There's a couple of things that we don't provide advice for on the forum. I'm afraid fixing boilers is one of them, unless you are a Gas Safe Engineer where we have a special private forum to network for advice etc.

The reason for this basically is for safety purposes, we don't want to encourage people with no gas experience/tools to start opening up their boilers and fixing them themselves.

Sorry but we're happy to help out with most other queries!

Unfortunately we cannot give advise as stated above. But I am sure a Local Gas Safe Engineer would be more then happy to help with your issue. Where are you in the country. One of the lads on here may also be able to do a visit for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi Not Working - Main Combi 30 HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock