Search the forum,

Discuss Combi logic 35, randomly no hot water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bitty1000

Hi all

recently my girlfriend moved into a flat of about 4 years old, which has the aforementioned logic combi 35 boiler in it.
all was well with the boiler until the weekend when trying to take a shower at around mid morning, no hot water was being supplied, after many searchs and manuels read, no fault could be found on the boiler and with no actual fault code being displayed it simply seems that the boiler does not want to work?

After getting a boiler engineer over and checking it with him, he suggested that it could be a blocked heat exchanger (which he took out and cleaned) or the digital flow switch could be faulty intermittently as the LEDS on it where not a steady light, he recommended replacing for new which I have done but yet the issues has continued.

the most frustrating thing is the boiler seems to work at all other times! Just last night we both took showers and had no issue with it not starting! It's almost like there is some sort of timer holding it off?
of course I have checked this on the Manuels for the boiler but can see nothing mentioned about that sort of function being available.

anyone out there with any sort of experience in this sort of issue??

many thanks
j

Thanks, alittle new to this!
Yeah he's a bit stumped, was hoping for possibly someone who had had experience with the logic boilers who could help?
About 5 minutes after posting this it started working again!!!!
Any idea where I could possibly get a answer??
Thanks
J

Yep change your gas engineer mate we won't offer gas answers to unqualified people. If he's that confused then get him to call ideal technical. Is he actually gas safe??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi logic 35, randomly no hot water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a megaflo unvented indirect cylinder (125i) boiler is a Worcester greenstar. I have good pressure on the cold feed and all the usual stuff works, taps...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Got up on Wednesday morning no hot water, (only cold water coming out of hot tap). Checked boiler, it had zero pressure and F1 fault showing. So I refilled the pressure using the filling loop, up to about 1bar which is where it usually is, which worked fine, had hot water all day. Same thing...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call for heat. If this is not the case. Can the divertor valve be the cause of the issue?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock