Search the forum,

Discuss Combi Boiler Housing Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there
We are getting a Valiant ecotec 831 fitted. It is replacing the last valiant ecotec we had previously. It was fitted on the outside of the external wall of our kitchen and housed in a box that the plumber built out of plywood (see attached photo). Does anyone know if there is a commercially available unit, preferably made from something more weather resistant, that we can buy to house the combo boiler?
Thanks!

IMG_0974.JPG

Yes there is but I would be seriously questioning his ability if he left you like that / thought that was ok

Hi Shaun,
It is a different plumber doing the fitting. What is the unit that you are thinking of?

Hi Shaun,
It is a different plumber doing the fitting. What is the unit that you are thinking of?

Electrical ip65 panel

Hi Shaun
The Electrical ip65 panel looks the part. Any ideas where I could get hold of one quick sharpish in London?

Hi Shaun
The Electrical ip65 panel looks the part. Any ideas where I could get hold of one quick sharpish in London?

That's a tough one as normally built to order your best bet would be talk to your gas fitter (how much clearance he needs round the boiler ) this sets your size for your enclosure

Then go to a local sparky merchant (better if they do commercial stuff) and see if they have anything / can get you

Hi there
We are getting a Valiant ecotec 831 fitted. It is replacing the last valiant ecotec we had previously. It was fitted on the outside of the external wall of our kitchen and housed in a box that the plumber built out of plywood (see attached photo). Does anyone know if there is a commercially available unit, preferably made from something more weather resistant, that we can buy to house the combo boiler?
Thanks!

View attachment 30442
This is a wind up right?

No - why?

The person fitting the boiler outside will need to come up with a solution that meets;

Gas regs.
Electrical regs
Building regs.
Manufacturers instructions.

And doesn't invalidate the warranty.

I doubt the original enclosure would have met any of the above.

From the M.I's;

Observe the following when choosing the installation site
and operating the boiler,
– Do not install the boiler
in rooms prone to frost.

Last edited:
Would you do that shaun? theres always a alternative mi s state internal use only you would have a hard job getting them to stand by the warranty . kop

Would you do that shaun? theres always a alternative mi s state internal use only you would have a hard job getting them to stand by the warranty . kop

Yes and already done one was a Worcester and they said fine must be ip rated have an external first stat and pipes lagged

Still up and running now :D

We have done loads of external boilers around my way as they were all solid fuel but always in a brick built extension type of enclosure. I did query this a few years back .
We have had no trouble at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi Boiler Housing Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock