Discuss Combi Boiler hot water output in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All I hope you can help me.
I had a Vaillant EcoTech 24 combi boiler installed a couple of years ago. At the time of installation the engineer identified that there was cold water cross flowing into the hot water pipes at a rate of approx. 2 litres per minute. I guess he set up the flow of cold water into the boiler lower to compensate for the cold water diluting the hot further down the line.
The cause of the cold water back flow into the hot has now been identified as a faulty mixer valve and has been fixed. Consequently the flow of hot water is lower than it should be approx. 6 litres per minute. Medal for anyone who can understand all that from an non professional.
Can anyone advise how to increase the flow of cold into the boiler. Is there a boiler specific adjustment valve, or is it more likely that it's a valve on a supply pipe.
Many thanks in advance.

Can you take a picture of the valves underneath the boiler please.

Did you test flow rate at different taps...? Maybe he has partially isolated cold inlet valve into boiler.

Get an Allen key in here and make sure it is open fully. One way will be off and one will be open

013C57AA-DD3B-417A-87CC-08078B02AA10.png

Hi, thank you for your response. I can confirm that the valve in the picture is all the way open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi Boiler hot water output in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back