Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler, hot water but no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an Ideal Espirit 2 boiler, the water is working perfect but the heating is not working.
We had a new pump fitted about 12 months ago, I've had three tradesman in and they have all said sometime different; one said I needed a new pump the other said I needed a new programmer and the third said I needed a new boiler.
I'm sick of being ripped off, can someone please let me know if they have any idea what the problem could be
Thank you

Ideal have a fixed price repair, if your stuck

It's the Esprit 2 35w - itime programmer

IMG_0852.JPG

Well as its working for hot water that means your Pump is OK, these did have problems with the control panel, but other things need to be checked on heating side not allowed to go into to much detail ! what did the other people check when they looked at your boiler ??

Well as its working for hot water that means your Pump is OK, these did have problems with the control panel, but other things need to be checked on heating side not allowed to go into to much detail ! what did the other people check when they looked at your boiler ??
I’m not sure what was checked, other than three different options, I’ve purchased a new control panel which should be here Monday, if that doesn’t fix it then I’ll replace the bluetooth thermostat.

i have an Ideal Espirit 2 boiler, the water is working perfect but the heating is not working.
We had a new pump fitted about 12 months ago, I've had three tradesman in and they have all said sometime different; one said I needed a new pump the other said I needed a new programmer and the third said I needed a new boiler.
I'm sick of being ripped off, can someone please let me know if they have any idea what the problem could be
Thank you

Sounds like external controls at fault. Simple test is to pull message wires out and put a link in. If programmer/stat at fault, your boiler should now run constantly on a heating demand

I knew there was something I didn’t do
I’ve bought a new control panel which I’ll fit Monday and see what happens.
I’ll post the results

FYI you need to be gas safe ;)

I’ve fitted the new itime programmer and still no heating :mad:
Next step replace the Bluetooth thermostat, does it have to be a specific thermostat or can I buy any one?

I do not think that the timer you have shown is Bluetooth? Do you have a receiver to go with the thermostat. If so can you post a picture. Cannot remember what you said in you previous posts.

Think what he has is a RF room stat not Bluetooth ! why is he messing around replacing parts that may not be faulty, any decent engineer can soon tell if the RF unit the problem,

Think what he has is a RF room stat not Bluetooth ! why is he messing around replacing parts that may not be faulty, any decent engineer can soon tell if the RF unit the problem,
That’s where I was getting. To mate. Probably external controls all along as somebody said in a previous post.

I’m not an engineer, I have had three different heating engineers look at this and they have all told me a different reason for the fault. The prices they have quoted to repair were stupidly high
This is a picture of the heating controls, apologies if I have given any wrong information previously,I am just trying to find an honest engineer, which is proving to be difficult

90B1BB03-0FA0-4363-95ED-58B1869E751A.jpeg

403071A0-3740-451C-9EAB-54DD2D33C4A0.jpeg

I’m not an engineer, I have had three different heating engineers look at this and they have all told me a different reason for the fault. The prices they have quoted to repair were stupidly high
This is a picture of the heating controls, apologies if I have given any wrong information previously,I am just trying to find an honest engineer, which is proving to be difficult

View attachment 31408

View attachment 31409
Decent engineer are hard to find that’s why we say on here gonfor someone that is recommended to you. Is the light not the right of the receiver orange or red?

That stat is rubbish replaced a few the range isn't what it's listed at try less than half

Does anyone have an idea of the rough price to remove the external stat and wire up to to main programmer
Depends how far cable needs to run ! But more than likely the RF receiver is faulty but has B4 its very easy to check , Cost to replace RF room stat would Proberly be around the same price has hard wiring one in, What prices have you been given ??

I’ve not been given a price as yet, wanted to check on here what a rough cost would be, was quoted £350 for a new itime programmer, bought and fitted that for £130.
The RF is less than one metre away from the unit, I just want it disconnected then reconnected to the itime programmer

I’ve not been given a price as yet, wanted to check on here what a rough cost would be, was quoted £350 for a new itime programmer, bought and fitted that for £130.
The RF is less than one metre away from the unit, I just want it disconnected then reconnected to the itime programmer

To replace the RF room stat & receiver is something you could do yourself as you don't need to get into the boiler, if you can do basic wiring it fairly straight forward, shop around for price or replace like for like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler, hot water but no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock