Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler “Heating Return” valve - pressure dropped in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Potterton Promax Combi HE Plus boiler.

Yesterday I tried to repressurise the system to prepare for winter. We have a refilling loop under the sink that I have to open and the water from the cold main will flow into the central heating system.

After I did that and the pressure gauge looked fine (~1.5 bar), I tried to switch on the heating by changing the thermostat to 25°C. The boiler indeed switched on, but the radiators were all cold - everywhere.

Then I noticed that the "Heating Return" valve was in closed position on the bottom of my boiler - see picture attached.

https://i.stack.*********/JFxzP.jpg

I assumed it was wrong, so I opened it and the radiators started to heating up immediately.

It was all fine and I was happy - until this morning, when I noticed that the pressure dropped to zero and error E119 was displayed on my boiler.

Can you please help me what should be the position of the "Heating Return"?

Also could this long unused (unheated) period cause that I should play with the pressue a bit before it settles?

Have you had any work done on the system recently, service maybe?

Just top up the pressure again and keep an eye on it.

Return should be on/ open / where the radiators get hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler “Heating Return” valve - pressure dropped in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning. The boiler seems to function well, and the pressure only drops with the heating and not the water being on. Ie it started last winter and was then...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer called the next day and diagnosed a faulty pressure switch. This was changed and everything seemed ok. However then the boiler began to lose pressure...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock