Search the forum,

Discuss Combi Boiler Expansion Vessel Replacement Needed (Halifax area) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adamfax

Hi, I am new to the forum and I am hoping members can help. The internal expansion vessel has gone on the combi, I need a 12L external vessel fitting. Job should be simple boiler is located in garage with very easy access and plenty of locations to fix the new expansion vessel. Located in Halifax.

Please PM if anyone needs more info.

Ideally a quote, but if you feel it's a simple job for an able DIYer then advice I am happy to take. I am not too bad with DIY and as I say the boiler and pipe work are easy to get at.

Well if you're replacing the internal, obviously you need a GSR installer

( I know you are fitting an external but thought I'd throw it in to be sure).

If it's external it needs to go on the return pipe if you do it yourself.

Price wise, I would expect in my part of the world ÂŁ125 to ÂŁ150 plus VAT there and there abouts, provided that it is as easy as you say i.e. Less than a couple of hours work and there are no other issues involved, plenty of wall space to hang it etc etc !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi Boiler Expansion Vessel Replacement Needed (Halifax area) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for someone that can replace the expansion vessel on an old heating system that is losing pressure every day and needs topping up at least three times a day. Trying to eliminate what the cause could be. Appreciate that it could be a leak somewhere, but looking to tackle one issue at a...
Replies
Views
Hi How simple is it to replace the expansion vessel hose? Do I simply turn the boiler off, drain the boiler and swap hoses, using some PTFE tape?
Replies
Views
Hi I have a baxi duotec combi boiler that every day or other day needs topping up as pressure drops below 0.5bar. When fired up it can reach OVER 2.5bar also whilst running CH. Is this more than likely a flat Expansion Vessel that needs inflating or could there be other possible causes if...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn back and it repeats itself. had boiler checked and told it was the expansion vessel. Had the expansion vessel drained and recharged. plumber told me...
Replies
Views
Potable water unvented expansion vessel needs replacing - water is coming down the tundish. What else needs to be replaced. Does the enginneer need a G3 unvented certificate to do this work and what are the consequences if he does not have one
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock