Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Do I need a 2 channel programmer for my grant vortex pro 26 combi boiler? My plumber says I do but other say I don’t as combi boilers do not require hot water controls. Any advice?
Thanks.

Most oil combis have a hot water storage tank unlike gas combis. You can set a schedule for your hotwater, contant,timed etc. I personally just leave mine on constant. You would need a 2 channel.

Many thanks, now you’ve told me that there is a storage tank in the boiler I now understand what my plumber was telling me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Combi boiler controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My first thought when I heard this fault a combi boiler with hot water but no heating. Was a problem with the stat, controls not making the call for heat. If this is not the case. Can the divertor valve be the cause of the issue?
Replies
Views
Please help Our Grant Vortex Pro oil combi boiler seems to have developed a drip from some sort of valve where it looks like there's a limescale build up. There is no water at all from hot tap and no pressure in the boiler. The heating works fine however. Is there something I can do or should...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I have a gas boiler in my apartment that heats a net area of 300 m2 with an underfloor heating system. The boiler has a capacity of 45 kW. There's no issue with the heating system, but I want to increase the hot water capacity. I plan to connect an external 200-liter boiler. How can I...
Replies
Views
Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the digital pump. He did not inform us that we would need a new processor because we had changed to a Combi and subsequently a valve blew. Should my builders...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered the boiler won't fire up when hot taps are turned on so no hot water. The boiler fires up periodically to heat water but not when we turn on taps. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock