Search the forum,

Discuss Collated drywall gun in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
As I do a lot of bathrooms and plasterboarding (as well as the odd plastering job for regulars) I waste loads of time screwing plasterboard up and fancy a collated screwgun for speed, getting that plaster mixed an hour earlier in the day will be a godsend.

I can buy a bare unit Makita for £162.

Makita DFR550Z 18v LXT Collated Screw Gun

I have all the batteries so it makes sense, I'd have gone for the Hilti corded but its not got the right plug and I'm not humping round a stupid heavy yellow box.

I hear the Makitas jam quite a lot but I never seem to have the same trouble and most with powertools.

Last edited:
I do a lot of tacking and I use a Festool, expensive but never misses a beat. I've got a Makita corded screwgun that spits out every other screw and jams regularly and will soon find its way onto fleabay! I've also had the cordless Makita and that wasn't any better.

It's a shame as most of my kit is Makita.

But I know others with the Makita and they're happy

I've used but don't own the Makita, worked really well; almost bought one on the back of it. I just use my mates on occasion now. :D

I've had the noses on both guns apart on several occasions to try and rectify the problem, replacing parts that seemed faulty. There's a gate mechanism at the end that is supposed to centre the screw but in fact traps it. Inside the cone there is a washer thing to keep the driver tip central in the mechanism. Believe me, I've tried all sorts to try and make it work properly as I'm not happy having tools not functioning as they should. I'm sorry but the Makita screwgun is not for me!

But as I mentioned earlier I know others with that model who are happy with their machines

I also have a Senco cordless screwgun which performs well but I've had to have the batteries rebuilt as they were no longer holding the charge

So you spend £400 odd on a festool or Hilti and have another battery system to contend with?
Do DeWalt do a mains one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Collated drywall gun in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Makita DFR550Z 18V Li-ion Auto-feed Screwdriver - BODY ONLY (4000rpm) | Powertools2u I knew the reviews were bad for this screwgun but I put them down to user error as I never seem to have the same problems as most guys but upon using this today its clear they were right. Its truly horrible, it...
Replies
Views
After finding my Bosch 10.8 driwall gun is not powerful enough to screw down Hardiebacker I have had to resort to buying another screwgun as getting those sheets screwed down quick in big rooms is a godsend. I've been through them all and its down to a 240v Bosch (and use my existing magazine)...
Replies
Views
H
Hello, I'm just completing on a bungalow that needs everything doing to it, full replumb, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, underfloor heating, loft conversion, moving windows, knocking down walls. I will be doing everything except installing the new boiler and electrics. I have extensive DIY experience...
Replies
Views
Morning all Had a bit of a clear out so got some bits for sale. Some of the stuff is new unused & some is used. I will list everything as a 'bulk buy' or 'individually' Don't really have time to sort the postage out tbh, but I'm in Tilbury Thurrock (Rm18) Brand new still in the box...
Replies
Views
Anyone thinking about shelling out on new tools hang on to your £££' still end of June/early July just having a coffee with a makita rep, and some interesting tools out at the minute soon to be followed by some others, I inow a lot of you are hilti and Milwaukee addicts so this probably won't...
Replies
Views
ghjhg5856
G
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock