Search the forum,

Discuss Cold Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you right Julius, the TBOE came from way back on single pipe system, it gave you some circulating head, but to be honesty I have installed 1000 s of domestic installation in the Manchester area in the 70s and never ever used TBOE, look at all the energy have have saved humanity, now your 2% means a lot, I should get a medal. Schools yes LST, but as I say new schools and architects love UFH nothing to be seen and they mainly control the final design, HVAC engineers get dragged along with it. BMS has taken over now from TRV control and there are a number of good products that can be fitted under LST supplied with 24VAC, that shut the water supply to the rad from a central control unit, usually display on a PC in the school, no need to take covers of the adjust, you now get time, temp and occupancy control, if the room becomes silent or MW sensors are used the room can be put into setback, temp lowered when empty.

Its endless now what is going on in the controls market, TRV are crude to say the least and they only have a limited amount of time left now.

Tony

Absolutely not! The rads are still working wonderfully well Tony.. A brilliant job! They booted up this evening and were all hot in less than 10 minutes. I've now decided to turn down the control!
:yes:

Glad everything is OK, stop worrying now.

Tony

and no mention of TTOE. I nearly always pipe up my center brand rads TTOE, but then I do take the grilles off and hang them upside down :)

Oh BTW Julius I forget to mention Tongue Tees on the Old single pipe system which helped

Tony

Isnt it tboe? Tbse causes the heat to run down one side and not circulate within the rad.
tboe causes it to run across
According to the Stelrad Stars program there is no difference between TBOE and TBSE.

My info about BS EN442 specifying TBSE comes from Here. Scroll down until you see the heading "April 2000 radiator outputs change again". It's the paragraph immediately above.

I can't afford ÂŁ100 to buy a copy to verify this.

Look. its whatever floats your boat if you fit TBOE when you come to take the rad off, there is a lot better change of air going in and water coming out and all that black crap on the carpet, if I even get my tools out the shed, I will still use BBOE.

Here's an idea try piping up TBOE with 15mm plastic, will it stay straight I wonder and the grand kids can swing on it, or mother bang the hoover into it, never catch on up North, hell lets go back to steel, sort the men from the boys.

At least it will make you use copper for the last bits.

Tony
You said who does it nowdays, i said i have in my parents house and also in three other houses where the owner has asked for it.
Ive done it in offices and commercial buildings too.

it's still done and it isn't ridiculous just another way to do it.

as for the last pair of jibes I'm not going to reply to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cold Radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock