Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Clogged toilet/tub explanation in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Susspence

Susspence New Member

If I could please get a quick explanation about what is going on with my toilet/tub I would really appreciate it.

Toilet is clogged. Tried for a while to plunge it. It has resulted in nothing other than my bath tub now being backed up. Why is this happening?

Thanks

2. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber

Hi and welcome,

Perhaps the main soilstack is clogged and therefore nothing will drain but backing up. It's happening because there is a blockage which is caused perhaps due to too much use of toilet paper, woman waste,baby wipes or anything similar.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  3. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

As above reply says, - some part of your sewer pipe is totally blocked and it has backed up with water. Wipes are notorious for causing blockages.
    If you live on a ground floor/bungalow then it will back up sooner.
    It may just be a simple matter of needing some excess points on stack or the manholes opened and the underground sewer rodded by someone capable.
    Or ring a local company who clear sewer blockages and ask first their charges.

• Like Like x 1
  4. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You need a drain company to attend and clear the blockage and jet the drain run . kop

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

dyno rod fixed fee £90 will clear most blockages

6. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber

But not on weekends , it will be easily 120-140

7. Angelo1960

Angelo1960 New Member

The following could be the reasons if your toilet isn’t flushing its contents all the way:

-The poor toilet drain pipe design.

-A clog in the toilet, flange or drain.

-The water level in your toilet tank is set too low.

-Blocked inlet holes.

-Problems with your flapper.

I think it's better to call a plumbing service to get this fixed. It's not just gross, but it's wasteful and annoying when your toilet doesn’t fully empty its contents when you flush. So, rather than 'DIY-ing' get the help of a professional as soon as possible.

The following could be the reasons, if your toilet isn’t flushing all the way:

-The poor toilet drain pipe design.

-A clog in the toilet, flange or drain.

-The water level in your toilet tank is set too low.

-Blocked inlet holes.

-Problems with your flapper.

You can also refer this blog Easy Steps To Fix A Clogged Toilet Without A Plunger | Brothers Plumbing Company for easy steps to fix a clogged toilet without a plunger.

I think it's better to call a plumbing service to get this fixed. It's not just gross, but it's wasteful and annoying when your toilet doesn’t fully empty its contents when you flush. So, rather than 'DIY-ing' get the help of a professional as soon as possible.

8. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Welcome Angelo, do you Canadians always say things twice? o_O :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Angelo1960

Angelo1960 New Member

I got lost in between :p