Search the forum,

Discuss Classroom job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjt

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi chaps
I've got myself involved in a job that I need some advice on from my learned forum members.

A local school is having a timber framed classroom built in its grounds and I have been tasked plumbing it in.

Here in lies the challenge - there is another out side portacabin type class room nearby that I need to run supply from and the drain to. A trench is being dug between he two and running the supply is no real issue I don't think however the drain is where I need help.

There is only going to be 1 sink for washing brushes etc but the waste will need to run approx 6 metres out and then 21 metres across before it needs to come up to join the 4" soil pipe under the portacabin which comes off a WC. Because of the way the land slopes away running the pipe and connecting the underground drain that this soil pipe leads and relying on gravity to take the waste away could prove very difficult to as well as adding a further 10-15 metres on the run. Getting a fall on this would be very tricky.

Therefore I am thinking pumping the waste via a. Grey water waste pump I.e. a sanispeed. The specifications on this say it can pump up to 70m horizontally and 7m vertically however is this the best solution and the would pump wrk in this configutation?

The supply pipe will be laid at a minimum 750mm deep with the electrical supply be laid slightly higher. Should I run the waste with the supply? And maybe sleeve inside a 4" pipe - but how do we deal with access for potential blockages'!!!

My heads a shed !

Yours faithfully

MJT

If gravity can do it then do it that way saves cost with pumps and pumps break etc ! But if you have to pump in the manufacturer is saying it can pump those fogures then yes it can !

personally I wouldnt be running any 1 1/4 underground etc ! Just run 4 inch underground then connect into that using a gully etc ! 4 inch is a better job and it can be rodded of needed ! And saves money instead of using both !

If I remember correct the vertical run has to happen at the start of the run and fall all the way to finishing position it can pump up at the end of a long run

Think I've found a solution Pump Technologies Ltd have a pump called drainmaster!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Classroom job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath the boiler is difficult with lots of obstacles, is it okay if I run soldered copper over / across the top of the boiler? It'll be about 4" off the top...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of a long, steep hill. We struggle with very high and often fluctuating (around 7 bar) water pressure, which wreaks havoc with our water heaters. I've...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the depth of my cupboard is larger than this. The issue, however, is that the waste pipe which leads from the sink (next door cupboard) comes out quite a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock