Search the forum,

Discuss City Plumbing Supplies-Who can use them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I was just wondering if City Plumbing Supplies are open to the public or trade only? I was able to create an account and they are sending me a trade card but i'm not a business. Is there retail and trade prices and how do you prove you can use the trade prices?

Thanks

Basically they are Travis Perkins or an affiliate of , anyone can use them the trade card will be a cash trade account, you'll pay on the day. I would expect 10-20% off list price on your consumables as a new customer although if you use a branch regularly they will give you better rates and if you're lucky tea and toast.

If you are not a business, why would you be expecting to pay trade prices ?

The market has a lot of choice, the suppliers want your custom, the list price in comparison to online is fairly skewed and I would prefer the odd non trade customer if it means my local branches can stay open.

They already do check out plumbnation trade prices on the internet delivered by city or pts

The market has a lot of choice, the suppliers want your custom, the list price in comparison to online is fairly skewed and I would prefer the odd non trade customer if it means my local branches can stay open.
I purchase most especially large items through my local merchant network, but would also expect them to protect my margins from any Tom, Dick and Harry who has "seen it cheaper online" walking into their trade counter.

They already do check out plumbnation trade prices on the internet delivered by city or pts
They may check them out for prices, but if they want to supply the boiler themselves, I usually prepare the customer by letting them know that they will be responsible for delivery, returns and that any warranty calls are dealt with either with their merchant or the manufacturer direct if I am unable to apply a margin. Don't see why I should do the job for next to nothing just because of "skewed online prices".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to City Plumbing Supplies-Who can use them? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock