Search the forum,

Discuss Circulator pump sizing ASHP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hprsteve1

We are in the design stage at the moment for a single storey house with ufh and a 16kw ashp and a 300l heat pump cylinder. The issue is the size of the pump required for primary circulation. There will be 2 underfloor heating manifolds with their own pump sets. The resistance through the heat pump and cylinder is 44kpa. The heat pump requires a minimum of 16l/m. The manufacturer is suggesting in some case a second pump may be required in the return as well which is what we had to do on previous job to stop the ashp faulting for low flow. Spoke to grundfos and suggested a pump which would be over kill and expensive for domestic property. Anyone had similar problems?

Put a flow gauge on heat pump pipe work, yes it's heard off. Some cut out if not enough flow. Flow is king in heat pump game. Bigger the better or it will cost in long run.

16 l/m = 0.26 l/s Grundfoss Alpha 15/50 or 15/60 would do the job plus it will modulate on demand, also include a flow meter.
Most heat pumps use a modulating pump or software to control, well at least the ones I use do

I usually get away with 6m head pump on single storey, on 2 storey like job I'm doing Tuesday I'm fitting a new wilo yonos 25/6m, getting them from Plumbcentre at very good prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Circulator pump sizing ASHP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock