Search the forum,

Discuss Chrome waste pipe..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Never fitted any but seem to remember people saying it's often oddly sized?

Do normal compression fittings and traps join onto it ok (good quality mcalpine stylee)? Need to join on some already in situ/can't be removed

Thanks

Yes compression will fit may need to remove the internal guide on the fitting depending on chrome size

Never fitted any but seem to remember people saying it's often oddly sized?

Do normal compression fittings and traps join onto it ok (good quality mcalpine stylee)? Need to join on some already in situ/can't be removed

Thanks
Normally it's 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" chrome plated copper.
Use chrome plated compression fittings. It looks neater.

Reply to Chrome waste pipe..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside diameter euro pipe size outlet. I need to attach it to a 40mm UK size waste pipe and would prefer to solvent weld it as the pipe will be under a tiled...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink appears to be consistently dry. The problem I have is that there appears to be a leak where the waste pipe out from the bottle trap meets the wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm currently in the middle of first fixing the waste pipe for my freestanding bath. I've created a mock version out of plastic to determine where the waste enters down through the floor - see photo. I was just wondering is there any minimum length the pipe has to run after the trap...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm in the process of fitting my freestanding bath. The supplied waste chrome pipe that runs into the floor is an unusual diameter - 38mm (European?). The bath came with a PVC multi-fit coupler to connect this chrome pipe to standard plastic waste pipe but its to long once I get under...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock