Search the forum,

Discuss Chrome 3/4 non return valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumber89

hi been called out to a problem with a shower , is a normal thermostatic bar valve,
running of cold main and tank fed hot with about a 4 metre head-ish when running the shower will only run medium warm, i guess this is the cold main is to powerful and overpowering the hot, as i can get the shower hot if i turn the cold on at the basin
just wondering if you can get chrome 3/4 non return valves, that i could put behind the ,bar valve ,as there is a 3/4 male fitting that this bar valve goes onto, so a 3/4 non return valve that has a female thread one side and male thread the otherside in chrome,
Or i could put a PRV on the cold entering that bathroom, this means taking up floors etc,
Any advice
Cheers

PRV on the cold supply will work, why do you think non return valves will balance the supplies? they are just for backflow prevention.
Cant say I have ever seen nrv's with female on one side and certainly not in chrome.

I agree, could also use one of them pressure equalisers but will never beat proper balanced supplies. Customer may complain that the pressure/flow rate are less but atleast it will work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chrome 3/4 non return valves? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock