Search the forum,

Discuss Choices: Worcester-B CDi or Si or other compact combi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been a few complaints with the 27 not being man enough/ not enough flow

Think one was from @king of pipes

I remember that. Think he has fitted one at his house and said that he should have gone for the bigger one.

Yes - storage heaters at the moment. Central heating should be nice. Since it's just 75 sq metres, may not need more than 3 decent size ones. Large bedroom, lounge and hallway.

Atag ic economiser 27 is big enough for a flat i fitted one for myself with the one control smart thermostat, i am now fitting them as my top end boiler install, Intergas is a close second great value and very versatile boiler both with long warranties good luck with your choice. Kop

Atag ic economiser 27 is big enough for a flat i fitted one for myself with the one control smart thermostat, i am now fitting them as my top end boiler install, Intergas is a close second great value and very versatile boiler both with long warranties good luck with your choice. Kop
Did you fit their stat as well KOP?

I'm getting confused as well, but about what size combi I can stand to have in my small kitchen. The combi will go above the draining board to the right of the sink. It's the depth that's the question - how much it stands out from the wall. The ATAG has a depth of 355mm which is a lot. The website says they have a compact version which is 275mm deep but no info at all on it. I was looking at the Baxi DuoTec 33 as well and that's virtually as big - 345mm deep. The Valiant Ecotec is 338mm. Not huge differences but a lot more than 275mm. The thing is that the Baxi and the ATAG get the best reviews for build quality - better than Vaillant or W-B.

Aluminium heat exchanger on the Pure. The Baxi 600 is stainless steel plus some brass parts and copper tubing. Mind - it's still untested for reliability since it just came out.
So is the ecofit. Untested that is. No known problems with the Vaillant though as yet and I would take Vaillant over Baxi any day at the minute. Waiting for the 600 to be on a flyer before I try my first one

The slim ATAG is the same boiler but uses a remote expansion vessel.
The 27 economiser will give the same hot water as all the other 30kw combis (you get 3kw free from the heat recovery)

The slim ATAG is the same boiler but uses a remote expansion vessel.
The 27 economiser will give the same hot water as all the other 30kw combis (you get 3kw free from the heat recovery)

Thanks for that - I must ask ATAG about it. My thoughts at the moment are very much towards the new Baxi 630. Looks well made and well laid out - there are some videos on YouTube showing how it works and I'm liking what I am seeing.

You have to do what you thinks best mate. At the end of the day it’s you that has to live with the decision.;)

There's been a few complaints with the 27 not being man enough/ not enough flow

Think one was from @king of pipes
Not so much under powered shaun it will produce 12 litres a minute at 35 degree rise about the same as its competitors and has a pre heat feature , i added 10 litre a minute tap areator to my bath tap and 8 litres a minute to the shower and basin and kitchen tap water is piping hot even with a 5 degree incoming temp it did struggle a bit at full flow but it was 16 litres passing through it , probably would have fitted the 35kw but i can live with it .

No firm decisions yet, but I think I'm going for a slimmer depth, under 300mm. ATAG or Vaillant EcoFit or Baxi 630. All pretty new models so feedback isn't plentiful, so it's good to have some opinions here.

No firm decisions yet, but I think I'm going for a slimmer depth, under 300mm. ATAG or Vaillant EcoFit or Baxi 630. All pretty new models so feedback isn't plentiful, so it's good to have some opinions here.
The ATAG does not have a built in vessel. Just remember that. So you will need space for a vessel somewhere.

I was liking the Baxi 630 until I looked more closely and saw it's basically a Remeha Avanta Plus, which doesn't have such a great track record. It does look pretty simple and well laid out, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Choices: Worcester-B CDi or Si or other compact combi? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock