Search the forum,

Discuss Check serial number in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

ma701ss

Hi is there anyone here who could check the manufacture date of a BG boiler for me if i provide the serial number? Thanks

Its going to be either a Worcester or glow worm boiler can you put up a photo of boiler

Looking at your previous posts, it's a glow worm. Are you asking, because BG have said parts not available? Or are you trying to repair it yourself ?::hand::hand::hand:

Looking at your previous posts, it's a glow worm. Are you asking, because BG have said parts not available? Or are you trying to repair it yourself ?::hand::hand::hand:

I've been offered one (BG 330 not +) that looks immaculate inside and out, apparently 3 years old but I can't tell as no documentation. I have the GC number but it's same as mine. There's another number on there also same as mine but has "-03" after it maybe revision number? First question is can I check the age and also is there any greater risk to using a secondhand boiler compared to just repairing it with secondhand parts? If it all looks fine is it any more likely there would be a gas or CO leak?

Ok then.
Firstly do you know who and from where is was removed! And was it working.?

Personally I wouldn't fit it.

Ok then.
Firstly do you know who and from where is was removed! And was it working.?

Personally I wouldn't fit it.

Off ebay it was apparently working, he says he removed it but not gas safe engineer. It really does look immaculate but history is obviously sketchy.

Looks like it could be up to 8 years old.

But your swapping a faulty boiler, with what could be a faulty boiler.! Begs the question, why was it removed. I normally remove old unreliable boilers that are obsolete, or beyond economical repair.
image.jpg

Is it this one? Boiler British Gas 330+ | eBay

If it was only fitted for a year. That means, it's been stored for at least 2. So expect a few seized parts!
Your probably on a tight budget, but it will cost you more in the long run.
The labour to fit and re commision this will be the same as swapping for a new boiler. To satisfy your insurance and mortgage, it will need re registering with gas safe.

leave well alone never buy fmaily killing appliances from ebay and the poster (ebay) doesnt know what hes on about

I'm going to leave it, health and safety first! Time for a new boiler, maybe a Vaillant Ecotec combi?

No, I'm looking for a gas safe engineer to fit it, but yes secondhand.

Risky! You don't know the history of it. Also has the potential to contravene regs. It's not outright forbidden to fit second-hand appliances, but certain checks and prior knowledge is required. No conscientious engineer would install it IMO.

Could look great on outside,,, unfortunately it's the inside that matters..seen boilers
6 months old and all shiny outside and shot inside..fools gold...lots of that on e bay...send me ÂŁ100,,,can send you some polished logs,,will probably give you more heat and last longer,,,,

Well done
One of he best boilers there

Thanks, this is a bit off topic now but when getting installers round to quote, is there anything in particular to bear in mind?

I need a new combi boiler supplied and fitted, to include all accessories/fixings/flue etc., new pipework to new boiler location, new spur presumably (nearest socket is 3m away), removal of old copper/lead pipework and old regular boiler, system powerflush?

Supply & fit always a better option than me finding a boiler and asking for a price to install?

Yes! Its always better to fet your installer to supply and fit all materials including the boiler.
This covers you in the event that something is faulty or broken in some way. The installer would get everything sorted for you dealing with the manufacturers and arranging repair or replacement.
If you supply your own stuff and there is a problem it would be down to you to sort it out and the installer would bill you for the time wasted. Additionally what if it takes you 3 days to sort out and your installer is onto the next job? He wont just drop evrything and come running. However if he supllies it he would be obliged to finish your job asap.

Why dont you post in the 'im looking for a plumber/heating engineer section of this forum and arrange to get a quote from someone close to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Check serial number in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON IT PRISES OFF AND INSIDE THERE ARE SOME PLASTIC BITS AND A SMALL CROSS-HEAD SCREW IN THE MIDDLE. THANKS
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock