Search the forum,

Discuss cheaper alternatives to grundfos in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wezzer

Hi, was just wondering if anyone fits any other pumps other than grundfos. I have seen grundfos pumps that are still going strong after 35 years or so but alternatives such as Flowson or DAB are less than half the price of grundfos. Does anybody rate these cheaper pumps which have manufacturers warranty of 2 years, how long would you expect them to last?

the other pumps are ok
but i try to stick to grundfos in general. but you are paying that little bit more for a grundfos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cheaper alternatives to grundfos in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
I have a Grundfos MQ3-45 feeding my domestic water from a ground level tank (filled from an RO system from the well). The pump is about 4 years old, with normal-heavy household use. Today it started making a bit of an awful noise - see the attached video. I disassembled the hydraulic end of it...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a house which uses a Grundfos UPS 3 pump to circulate the water in a wet underfloor heating system. Last autumn the pump would not start - the blocked message showed - so I replaced it. This year, the same thing has happened with the new pump. I have freed the impeller using...
Replies
Views
Hi there good people. I have a small issue, I've incorrectly connected a connecter on the PCB of my old boiler back to front, and seem to have broken my pump, since learning my mistake I have put it the right way, it is drawing out about half the current it should. To keep a long story short...
Replies
Views
I want to replace the three 11 year old Grundfos UPS 15-60 130 pumps as a part of trying to reduce the electricity consumption of my heating/DHW system. The pumps circulate the water in i) the UFH, ii) the first floor rads and iii) the mains pressure DHW cylinder primary circuit. The Grundfos...
Replies
Views
Jojomacjo
J
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock