Search the forum,

Discuss Cheaper alternative to Dudley concealed siphon and button??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennie

Gas Engineer
Dudley concealed siphons are so expensive. My customer says that her's is a bit temperamental and the button is stiff. Whether to change the button and/or siphon? The current set up is around 16 years old. New button would cost £25. New siphon £35. It's a concealed low level toilet. Has anyone tried fitting a cheaper, non-Dudley syphon? Something that would fit under the isolation valve/float cup assembly? (I have to check access to the bottom of the cistern, but assuming that's OK?)
Thanks for your advice everyone.

image002.jpg

Just place marking until I find how to monitor threads again.

Change like for like. Customers paying not you. Plus the Dudley is a good product.

In the end it's cheaper to fit the original as it will lock into the existing part of the drop valve.

Reactions: Dan
@Jennie , tell your customer not to be a tight arse . They are ok , the only cheap ones available are the s***e that is in the internet.

Thanks everyone. Looks like Dudley it is then. But it's great to have that confirmed as the best way forward (I don't want to push up my customers' bills unnecessarily).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cheaper alternative to Dudley concealed siphon and button??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock