Search the forum,

Discuss Cheap Boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Whats the cheapest you would install a boiler for ?

Straight swap pretty much everything in place labour only.

labour only £600 (including small amount of fittings)

depends how easy things are you could knock 100 off but wouldnt go too low

If everythings there including an easy condensate run then id be around that. 1 day install too so not a bad rate

I aim for 500-600 for a 1 day install but will go as low as 400 in the summer when things are slow. if only just to keep other lad working.
But on avaerage its 500
James Hargearves near me can supply a vokera excell erp for £454 inc vat with flue so even on a budget install i can still make around £500.00

If they supply and call backs etc could be chargeable?

idiot down here will fit any boiler swap for £359 all in.........

I like to make £600 clear after all you have call backs to pay for and you arent making on the 20% mark up

Getting a lot of 1 man bands down here doing them for about £300 labour now which is pretty shocking.
Also been an advert on the radio which has been ongoing vokera installed for a grand supply /fit with VAT!!

I swear plumb centre sell a 24kw Vokera with flue and clock for £399+ vat so with a couple of off cuts of pipe that's still £500.

Getting a lot of 1 man bands down here doing them for about £300 labour now which is pretty shocking.
Also been an advert on the radio which has been ongoing vokera installed for a grand supply /fit with VAT!!

Depends how you look at it. If they are pricing it at that and getting loads to do. Then its not a bad wage for a days work, no outlay on materials so less of a risk if the customer doesn't pay etc. Every person or company will price differently because of overheads and how much they want to earn. If you do 5 of those swaps in a week, you walk away with £1500 in your pocket. You average that over a 46 week working year and you have got £69,000. In reality we know you couldn't fill every day with straight swap like that.

£895'including vat round here supplied and fitted.

Boiler £454 - needs 24v wireless stat timeclock £50, £50 fittings equals roughly £350 including vat . So that's £300 profit and fitting - no where near the £600 quoted by some of the previous threads just for fitting. It's a day filler but not gonna be retiring on the back of it .

it may already have a clock fitted. Doubt you would use £50.00 in fittings and pipe on a straight swap. TBH if i had nowt else on that week i wouldn't turn my nose up at it. pride doesnt pay the bills but cash does.
not saying i would fit a boiler for £300.00 because i dont aim myself at that market but if the mortgage needed paying and that was all that was available i wouldn't be sat at home chuntering to myself i'd rather stack shelves at Aldi.

it may already have a clock fitted. Doubt you would use £50.00 in fittings and pipe on a straight swap. TBH if i had nowt else on that week i wouldn't turn my nose up at it. pride doesnt pay the bills but cash does.
not saying i would fit a boiler for £300.00 because i dont aim myself at that market but if the mortgage needed paying and that was all that was available i wouldn't be sat at home chuntering to myself i'd rather stack shelves at Aldi.

Totally agree Jules and I do fit the exact boiler because of its cost for all the reasons you state but it just makes me smile with all the previous comments of fitting boilers for £600 labour only - and just for your information, it don't come with any clock.

So what do you guys think is a good price to supply fit a worcester 25 i
Straight swap again .

Looking for an offer to do for customer from a decent manufacturer but quick change over and quick cash .

just for your information, it don't come with any clock.

i know woodsy i was meaning if the cust already had a programmable stat fitted. No need to fit a new one. If they have a stat then i woul buy the clock that fits on thebottom but thats extra cost

idiot down here will fit any boiler swap for £359 all in.........

I like to make £600 clear after all you have call backs to pay for and you arent making on the 20% mark up

Need to look around Plymouth prices ! seen people doing it for a lot less Labour only £150 +

So what do you guys think is a good price to supply fit a worcester 25 i
Straight swap again .

Looking for an offer to do for customer from a decent manufacturer but quick change over and quick cash .

What !! you do jobs for CASH !!

If nothing else, this thread shows that you have to sell to the market your in with all the different prices and that you should know your bottom line in terms of costs. So the answer to Hammers is, what ever you need / want from a days work.

Got to be looking at min charge of £600 if we all stuck to our guns on that then we would all be better off!!

We have a guy locally who offers boiler and 6 rads for under £2k

Got to be looking at min charge of £600 if we all stuck to our guns on that then we would all be better off!!

We have a guy locally who offers boiler and 6 rads for under £2k

We have them in this area as well offering Boiler & 7 rads £1900 its just a foot in the door ad then the price starts to go up, I charge that as a min for a combi swap.

We have them in this area as well offering Boiler & 7 rads £1900 its just a foot in the door ad then the price starts to go up, I charge that as a min for a combi swap.

No you don't you charge £1850 one of your customers told me ;);)

Need to look around Plymouth prices ! seen people doing it for a lot less Labour only £150 +

Hopefully they ain't going to be around for long with those prices. They will either get disillusioned at the hard work with little reward or maybe get a few bumps as they are working at that end of the market & wrap up.
I see so many vans that are here one minute & gone the next.
Need a few of the big sites to get going so a few go back to those.

You all know my rates for swaps from previous topics, but I have done them for as low as £120 labour only, oh ok it was for my Nan.
As other posts, aim at the very least to make £600 on straight swaps, but as already stated, if I had nothing else in the diary then I wouldn't turn my nose up at £300 fitting only.

Hopefully they ain't going to be around for long with those prices. They will either get disillusioned at the hard work with little reward or maybe get a few bumps as they are working at that end of the market & wrap up.
I see so many vans that are here one minute & gone the next.
Need a few of the big sites to get going so a few go back to those.

I know a couple lads that fit them for that carp boilers and carp install tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cheap Boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock