Search the forum,

Discuss Changing from gas to heat sourcing pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi I have been offered subbing work with a firm who are switching people from gas to heat source pumps. As the GSR team member it's my job to disconnect and make safe the old boiler installs. This would obviously involve capping off the old supply and shutting off the ECV. I've referred to all of my GS literature but cannot see if I need to inform the ESP/Transco/Supplier and whether they also would need to complete any sort of gas isolation. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Matt

I should say that this would only be in the case that they have only a gas boiler and no other appliances. ;-)

If they aren't going to be using any gas at all then the Service provider should be contacted to remove the meter and cap the ECV. This way the customer will recieve a final bill and not be chased for any standing charges or estimated bills.

Thank you Resolute , sounds like I was trying to make more work for myself when I don't have to. Appreciate the help

Your charged a rental fee for meter so would have to inform them and have meter capped and removed !

On31ll, thanks for that extra. Gonna have to factor this into what I'm charging. Thanks again to you and Resolute

You were so polite back then. 4000 posts later and now look at ya!

MAM will need their meter back, supplier needs a removal date to calculate a final bill. Also the open ends will need to be capped, permanent bonding applied across the now vacant meter area (unless you are removing the entire outlet pipe work) and the now capped supply needs to be identified as live gas via tape etc. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing from gas to heat sourcing pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock