Search the forum,

Discuss Changing 2 zone heating back to a single thermostat? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

We bought a new build a few years ago which I think at the time regulation said heating must be in 2 zones which I believe is no longer the case. It’s a small property 3 bed semi and has a very open plan design so it really didn’t need it. On top of that the stat in the mater bedroom upstairs also controls the down stairs kitchen, hall and bathroom. The kitchen is off the lounge and again open so when heat rises and switches off the room stat kitchen is freezing .... anyway there’s 2 2 way valves in the cupboard upstairs and combi boiler is down in the kitchen. Is it easy enough to just have the 1 stat which is centrally located on the bottom of our stairs control both zone valves to essentially make the system work as a single zone?

2 zone regs still apply today probably when your house was built it was relatively a new reg but yes it is easy to configure it to be controlled of one stat

Ah ok I read somewhere it was changed back in 2015 which is when it house was built. It seems a daft idea in a reasonable sized semi specially when the upstairs stat/zone feeds downstairs rads. Having a nest stat installed tomorrow so going to have it in the central location at our stairs / lounge where one of the stars are and have that control the lot. The stat in our bedroom is behind the door as well which probably doesn’t help.

I take it a wire would just run off the first valve to Ho pen the 2nd at the same time so heats going to all rads?

Reply to Changing 2 zone heating back to a single thermostat? in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock