Search the forum,

Discuss Chaff se 100 fault advice required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Went to this other day no hw/ or heating
3 lights flashing which indicated on fault chart fan /aps

Initaially couldn't get any juice at the fan but then it decided to randomly do a shunt then shut down again .

Tested it all again and no power to fan .
Was just about to go then it shunted again and died .

Was initially thinking pcb dropping out by now my mind has drifted to fan fault.

Thoughts please

If you have no power to the fan. It surely is not the fan. Personally I would quote for a new boiler by the time they have paid you to repair it.

I deleted that from my last message as thought it would make me sound stupid if I got It wrong :p:p don't feel as silly now you have asked it:D:D:D

I thought it might sound daft but there is one that (I think) has three wires and does exactly that. If switch is stuck or sticking it stops the fan working but because it defies logic you rule out the APS. !

In the past I have tested fan to see if it works independent and tried linking out that APS AFTER MUCH STUDY AND THOUGHT OF COURSE
LOL!

Put the board in boiler ran for about 39 seconds and died lol

New boiler it us then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chaff se 100 fault advice required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock