Search the forum,

Discuss CH working but no hot water (after shut-off valve's been used) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Ben Owens

Hi,

A little bit of background. I have been carrying out work to redecorate my bathroom this weekend; during that time, I shut off the water from the airing cupboard using one shut-off leaver. This resulted in no water flowing for either the hot or cold taps in the house, which is what I was after.

After carrying out the work, I switched the valve back on to restore the water flow in the house.

This morning I realise that although the CH is working absolutely fine, the hot water is not kicking in.

I tried to manually pull over the trigger on the valve for about 30 seconds, but I it didn't kick in either.

I have switched on the immersion heater for now, which is warming up the water before I left this morning, which allows me some time to troubleshoot.

So looking for a bit of guidance:

Is it likely that me switch off the water for a period of time has caused this issue, maybe an issue with air in the system?

Is it possible that the valve is faulty? FYI, had both valves (water and CH) replaced last year, so quite new.

Thoughts welcome, thanks in advance.

Ben

When I arrived home, I found the boiler wasn't firing for the CH either.

Anyway, I switched off power to the central control unit in the kitchen. Waited 10 seconds or so, and switched it back on. Both hot water and CH working fine now. Will just have to monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH working but no hot water (after shut-off valve's been used) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
I have a CH circuit on a 2 way zone valve. It’s a long circuit with 15 rads on it but rather than shutting down the last 5 rads in the circuit when not in use which is 90% of the time, can I put a 3 zone valve on the flow after the tenth rad and divert to a new T piece on the return to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow water shut off. Worked for a bit, but hammer returned. This morning, while the toilet was refilling and the shower was on, there was a loud thud that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock