Search the forum,

Discuss CH won't turn off: sticking valve or electrical problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PilotGP

Hi all,

My central heating combines downstairs underfloor and upstairs radiators. Downstairs works fine but the pump serving the rads upstairs comes on correctly when called by the thermostat, but very often won't switch off when the 'stat stops calling for heat, or even when the programmer goes out of the programmed hours.

It seems to be something to do with the 3-way valve - is there anything I can do to isolate the problem?

(When I speak to a local plumber he says "sounds electrical, call the electrician", and the electrician says "sounds like a plumbing problem..." :wink:)

Much appreciated!

Possible faulty 3 port valve or programmer. just call someone in gas safe engineer can check this out and correct the problem.

Hi all,

My central heating combines downstairs underfloor and upstairs radiators. Downstairs works fine but the pump serving the rads upstairs comes on correctly when called by the thermostat, but very often won't switch off when the 'stat stops calling for heat, or even when the programmer goes out of the programmed hours.

It seems to be something to do with the 3-way valve - is there anything I can do to isolate the problem?

(When I speak to a local plumber he says "sounds electrical, call the electrician", and the electrician says "sounds like a plumbing problem..." :wink:)

Much appreciated!

What you need is a Heating Engineer. Then you'll have someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in both areas.

Hi all,

Much appreciated!

What you need is a Heating Engineer. Then you'll have someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in both areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH won't turn off: sticking valve or electrical problem? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock