Search the forum,

Discuss CH Pump to Garden hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GonzoRibbons

Bit of an unusual request, but can any of the expert plumbers out there recommend an adapter, and it's correct name to join the following together?

I am constructing a hydroponic system for the garden, and want to utilise an old central heating pump, standard Grundfoss with shut-off valves already fitted.

The body of the two valves says 22mm.

I'd like to adapt this to the same external thread as an outside tap so I can fit quick-connect couplings to use a garden hose. (3/4"?)

Can I connect the 2 together with a 22mm to 3/4" adapter (if one exists) or do I need a length of copper pipe between, and a 3/4" union on the end?

Any assistance would be great.

Garden-House-Adapter-Female-Thread-to-lock-connection-fit_3.jpg

If the pump is level with the reservoir, and only has to raise the water about 1ft or so, will it still not work? I realise it's not a pressurised pump, it was just replaced after getting a new CH system, so I thought I could make good use of it.

Thanks for the quick response.

It's not designed for fresh water. It'll rot and put contaminants in your water in no time at all.

Are you just circulating the water? If so fit the pump below the reservoir level. these pumps will not self prime.
if you need a fitting to adapt to the hose, they are 3/4 bsp. You could fit a short price of copper tube after the pump valves and use a 3/4 male to 22 mm compression fitting.
Conex Male Coupler 302 22mm x Âľ" DZR | Compression Coupling | NoLinkingToThis

good luck growing the drugs.... Sorry meant flowers :wazzzup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Thanks for the suspicion guys.No, outside, tomato plants, very simple flood/drain system on a timer. Pump under an enclosure for protection, hanging basket type tomato plants.

croppie, I'll take your advice about the fresh water issue. Looks like I might have to buy a pump and re-think.

chalked thanks for the connector info, might use just as a test rig to get up and going, then replace pump when all works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH Pump to Garden hose in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock