Search the forum,

Discuss CH boiler temp? What's you're setup. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
what temperature should you set a modern condensing combi boiler too?

I know in an ideal world you should try and setup so you get a return temp of 55 or lower for maximum condensing but what about if you want maximum heat quickly as possible to satisfy room stat?

I normally measure the differential temp, so say I had 18 I would add that to 55 then set boiler to 73c.

But in all honestly never really worked out the best setup.

Depends if it's all sized right, you should get a flow and return difference of 15-20 dc

So your looking 65-70 dc on your flow

There are more sophisticated methods but...

Start around 70°C and reduce it by about a degree a day without telling anyone until the family starts complaining.

If the system has a HW cylinder the flow to that needs to be at least 65°C or the HW won't get up to 60°C.

Balance the radiators in a period of weather when gas consumption is high. Interestingly this is not typically the coldest days of the year (when the air is still) but when it's about 5°C outside and windy.

If your heating is on a lot of the time assuming your house is insulated well ,your radiators are sized correctly. you could try start with as low as 60 degrees , or even lower .
But if your programmer is set to say 2 hours on a morning and 4 on a night you will probably be looking 70 ish flow .
Depends on you and depends on your house

Can you leave it at 75C and install an outdoor compensator.

Get one matched to the boiler and depending on the outdoor temp the boiler will heat the water to a decreasing temp as the outdoor temperature rises.

Find that the best way without all the stuffing around of adjusting temp on boiler stat.

What boiler do you have. No option for opentherm? My flow automatically adjusts from 30c to 80c depending on load required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH boiler temp? What's you're setup. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock