Search the forum,

Discuss CGLI 6132 Gas Course... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andy T

Hi,

Im thinking of doing a part time C&G 6132 Level 2 Gas course at my local college in September.Would it be better doing the Plumbing 6129 Tech Cert first as im looking to going self-employed in the future.

Is there more work and money to be made in the gas sector...

Any views on this would be very appreciated...

Thanks

Andy....:)

if i were you id learn the water side first and then go onto gas, you will have a better knowledge of things if you do.

im doing the water side thing first and its second to none, then when ive been at it long enough go for the gas.

good luck what ever you decide.

Hi,

Im thinking of doing a part time C&G 6132 Level 2 Gas course at my local college in September.Would it be better doing the Plumbing 6129 Tech Cert first as im looking to going self-employed in the future.

Is there more work and money to be made in the gas sector...

Any views on this would be very appreciated...

Thanks

Andy....:)

Have you read the other threads on this? they should clear up all your queries, if not feel free to ask any specific questions.
There is no more or less money in either plumbing, gas or any other trade for that matter. It depends, on the work you get the level of quals you have, the outgoings you have, the amount of work about your area etc etc

Remember the 6129 is not considered a full qual and next academic year there will be no Tech Certs or NVQ's - be carefull

unless you have a gas engineer willing to take you out with him to build a portfiolio then forget doing gas its a waste of your time and money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CGLI 6132 Gas Course... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I'm about to progress from Level 2 C&G to Level 3 (starting in September): I'd always thought i would do the Level 3 Gas, as this was the only course my local college offered, but i've just found out they're now also offering Level 3 Plumbing and Heating. Does anyone have any advice...
Replies
Views
Hello Plumbers/Gas Engineers, Excuse if this question has been raised but i am in a slight dilemma and for the past 2 weeks the internet has not really solved this, so I feel i need some real advice from real tradesmen. I am 21 and stuck behind a desk not progressing into a career, I have...
Replies
Views
Been stuck abroad for a year now. Still stuck abroad. Italian red tape is, as they say, 'something else'. I used to think regulation was about protecting people, and often it is, but not over here. Mad country, not sure how it functions at all. They ask you to provide government mapping...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've done the C&G Level 2 in Plumbing Studies. I'm currently working as a plumber's mate (part-time). Eventually, I'd like to become Gas Safe registered and work on LPG - at leisure sites and maybe on boats, etc. Any comments or advice on how best to get there? Should I do the Level 2...
Replies
Views
I am looking at starting a Level 3 Diploma Gas course which is one day per week at college and 2-3 days per week with an engineer. This course is a total of 34 weeks and is a City and Guilds qualification; however, I am in a dilemma whether or not to do the Plumping course first. It would be the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock