1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Dismiss Notice

Couple of important things to note. 1. We use Cookies, deal with it. Every website does. 2. Nobody but a currently-registered Gas Engineer should be touching gas or gas appliances. Don't mess with gas at all. 

Discuss Centrifugal extractor fan choice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. ArchieC

ArchieC New Member

Does anyone have experience of the Vent Axia Solo Plus or Quadra range? I need a bathroom extractor for a relatively long extraction run. The Quadra seems more powerful on paper but also more noisy?

Is it worth going for the Humidstat version for a bathroom with no windows or just a timer with an overrun?

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If it's a long run why not use an inline fan ?

3. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Humidistat are the best, as it will run on until the moisture is lowered. Go for the best you can afford, with the best flow. All are noisey to some extent. If you can get an inline fan amd fit it to a somthing solid. This will keep the noise down.

4. ArchieC

ArchieC New Member

Can't break the ceiling for an inline fan so has to be a surface mounted centrifugal but not mega noisy as the bathroom is off the bedroom.

5. ShaunCorbs

So your mounting it to the wall and cutting a hole through ??

6. ArchieC

ArchieC New Member

No it will be ceiling mounted.

7. ShaunCorbs

how as you said you cant drill the ceiling ?

8. ArchieC

ArchieC New Member

I said I can't break the ceiling (as it has already been finished) so the fan will be surface mounted. The wire is there as is the ducting.

9. zzzjim

zzzjim Well-Known Member

Sadly ceiling destined to be a sound board , need access to pipework and stick it in-line !