Search the forum,

Discuss Central supplied heating issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Londonluke

Friend has bought a ex council apartment. The heating and hot water is supplied etc. All he has in the property is a cold water tank a a immersion heater.
Checked yesterday as they said the hot water is not longer that hot. Supply to tank (Immersion) is perfect . But water coming from it is not been kept warm at all
1. Do you think it needs also to have the Immersion switched on?
2> I left the hot water running to drain the warm water out after about 10 mins the water was a lot lot hotter due to boiling water now entering the immersion. so i dont think its a "air" problem etc

3. I wonder id the system needs the emmersion to always be on as its not like a "combi" system >And the immersion will Automaticaly keep the water up to temp

any ideas ?

many thanks !

With these types of systems the water is warmed by turning on the immersion heater, you can't keep the immersion heater on 24/7 as it is a waste of energy and money. Usually the immersion heater is turned on in the morning to heat the water, this water won't stay hot all day obviously. It is then turned on and off when required, i.e. before having a bath etc.

Anz
the cylinder is supplied with hot water from a huge boiler than supplies the other flats.

so it has boiling water 24/7 supplied. problem is its not staying hot in cylinder.
Water pressure on bath tap etc is still good

cheers

It sounds like there is no need for the cylinder then if you've got hot water coming straight in. Can't the hot water be connected straight to the taps instead of going via the cylinder?????

It sounds like there is no need for the cylinder then if you've got hot water coming straight in. Can't the hot water be connected straight to the taps instead of going via the cylinder?????

i guess the immersion is a back up?

The immersion is just a cylinder! No heating etc.
had a look this morning and it has a hot supply feed going in and a return .On the return is a "samson" valve. the return section from the cylinder is cold. so a flow problem. But the pressure is still there!

could it be air lock etc

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central supplied heating issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock