Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating Working No Hot Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all

I desperately need your advice. I have a brand new Glow Worm 30c boiler installed recently. During installation, the plumber made an error and resulted in a blown PCB and Display PCB. So the engineer came after that and put a new PCB and display PCB. He also changed pressure switch. Now the central heating is working but no hot water.
He says it is due to the display PCB not working with main PCB.

When he inserted the new display PCB, he is not able to set the value 255 under d70 while installing the display PCB.

Is this why my DHW is not working?

What should I do to get Hot Water?

He is clueless and left with heating and no hot water.
Please please please advice me on what should be done?
Its been a week and my family is struggling due to this.

Glow Worm said it is not covered by their warranty due to installer's fault.

I am really stuck and don't know what to do.

Thanks
Chari

Who fitted the boiler?
Are they gas safe registered?

Thanks, Scott.
The boiler was fitted initially by an engineer but the thermostat was connected by our builder as it came late. In that process the PCB went bust. I believe he mixed up while connecting the cables to the boiler.

And who has been fitting new PCBs?
Can't you call the original fitter back?

Original fitter sent another engineer and advised via phone as he is out of station. He says that the PCB should properly recognise the display PCB and it can be done when you set the parameter number 255 under d70.
But the display allows values only till 99.
He says we need to adjust the settings by pressing the button which is simple if we know what we are doing.
The manual is not helpful. It asks to refer a document for offsetting the DSN (0 to 99) but we are not able to locate that document.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Call a different engineer mate. That will come on site and inspect and repair properly.

Actually after reading this again and figuring out where in the world you are, there are to many question marks and contradictions for me. So I’m out.

Thanks, I am going to do today.
I a FTB and contracted to some one to do the whole property,
This has lead to all these complexities as the builder is managing it

Glow worm wont cover this on warranty, so if I was you Pay Glow-Worm to come out on a fixed price repair and get the Builder / Plumber to foot the bill

Have you paid for the work yet?

It's an awkward one, if I had fitted a boiler and someone else came sling and blew the PCB and what ever else I wouldn't want to keep returning to repair

Glow worm wont cover this on warranty, so if I was you Pay Glow-Worm to come out on a fixed price repair and get the Builder / Plumber to foot the bill
I tried that, but glow worm is not accepting chargeable repairs because they are busy.
Please can you give me some suggestions?
Its been more than a week and I am running pillar to post with no solution.
Yesterday I called an engineer and he said only glow worm can repair.
Is that correct?

A new boiler. Old one off and new one on.

Could be a simple fix like an internal fuse or could be a few hundred pounds worth of damage done.

Have you paid for the work?

Then get Builder to replace Boiler ! at their expense, they broke it its down to them to fix it regardless of cost, why should you be out of pocket ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Working No Hot Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has worked perfectly up until this week. When the boiler does start, it runs for a few seconds, makes some noises, and then shuts down again. I've...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
J
Turned the system from hot water only, to hot water and central heating the other day. After it working briefly, it has now stopped all together. The display isnt showing a fault or anything - it is just blank. After reading the service guide that came with it - I am confident there is power...
Replies
Views
James Middleton
J
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock