Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating Quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makmak

Hi,

I've just bought a 2 storey, 3 bedroom house and have asked a couple of heating engineers round for a quote to replace the whole heating system.

The heating system has 8 radiators (2 x double radiators the rest are single), the piping will need replaced and a new boiler (combi). And remove the old system which has a hot water tank.

Could anyone tell me what a reasonable quote for this kind of work would be?

Any advice would be great

Thanks for your help

Hi,

I got the quote last night, can I ask your opinion and do you think that sounds like a decent price? and is the brands used for radiators and boiler ok?

Thanks for your help

-------
Supply & Fit New Central Heating System Including (remove old system):
TRV's, Chemically Treated, Fully Interlocked, Corgi Certification Upon Completion (21 Days)
8 Kermi Radiators (10 year guarantee):
600 x 600 (2)
800 x 600 (3)
1200 x 600 (2)
Towel Radiator (1)

Boiler:
Make: Viessman
Size: 30KW
Efficiency Band: A
Guarantee: 5 years parts and labour

Timescale: 3 days
Total Price: £2460

Last edited by a moderator:
The engineer told me the condition of the guarantee is I need to get the boiler serviced every year for the 5 years. The first year is free and the next 3 years is £45 for each service and £65 for the final service as he has to drain the system and replace the chemical solution he would initially fill it with on installation.

I forgot to mention in the quote he did say it would include a timer / room thermostat is that what you mean? what is a a stainless steel heat exchanger?

Thanks for the advice

bite his hand off!! thats a cheap quote

stainless steel exchanger located within boiler, transfers heat from flame to water, like i said before sounds a really good quote and cheap boiler service price. Just the timescale (3days) sounds a bit tight, but they may flood it with men. JUst check the guarantee on the radiators, if its thier classic compact range its only 5 years, check out their website to confirm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that yammas,

I ended up going for another installer who came recommended. He done a 30kw Vokera combi condensing boiler (2 year guarantee), Myson Rads (5 year guarantee), radiator thermostats, Room thermostat / timer, copper piping throughout, removed old system.
He was £90 more expensive at £2550, but I know he came recommended form other people in my family and I had seen his work so I went for him. He's done a good job and I'm really pleased with it, I've got better water pressure now also seeing he has removed the old cold water storage tank and hot water tank and the taps run off the mains.

He left the old hot water tank and piping for me too and I got 50 quid for it at the local scrappys. I'm pleased with the system and the quality of his work.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock