Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating on all the time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, sorry this is a very amateur question. I know next to nothing on plumbing...but if anybody can offer any advice that would be great...

I've just moved house where I had a lovely combi boiler fitted after living with storage heaters and immersion tank. The house I have moved into has a very effective oil boiler but as it's not a combi I'm a bit unsure how it works.

What I would like to know is, if I have the programmer turned ON all day with the heating thermostat set to the desired level, will the hot water constantly be heated. Sorry this may be a stupid question I'm just concerned that it will be costing me a fortune. The manual for the programmer (horstmann centaurplus c17) indicates that once the tank is at a set temperature it SHOULD turn off (although I appreciate the moment it drops temp it will need to heat up again). I know this will probably cost me more to run but just considering options for how best to maintain a good temperature in the house.

Thanks in advance folks.

if it is a combi then the hot water only heats when the tap is turned on.

if it is a combi then the hot water only heats when the tap is turned on.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry don't think I was very clear. It's not a combi (we moved from a house with a combi) We have an immersion tank that is heated when the programmer is on (or at least thats how I understand it).

Its more a case of if I have the programmer set to be on all day. It's not going to be constantly heating the water is it? But it will try to maintain the temperature in the tank?

No. When the heating and water get to temp they will both go off and when the temp of both drops the boiler will come back on to reheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating on all the time in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock