Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating not coming on - Boss Therm BR1 Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DuNsTeR

Hi there,

I have a Boss Therm BR1 receiver with a BRTRF wireless thermostat. I believe the thermostat is communicating with the receiver as I can see green flashing and the orange light to suggest the boiler is on when thermostat temp reached but the boiler is not coming on. I have hot water perfectly fine.

The boiler is a Ideal Logic + 24kw Combi - Also I should mention the message on the boiler suggests room stat is turned off - when I can clearly see it is on and the receiver is suggesting it is on also and I can get the receiver to suggest it's on and off by playing with the room stat... as I say hot water kicks in fine everytime

hope that's helps and thanks in advance for any ideas....

Is the boiler on 'winter mode'? Sorry if that's bleeding obvious.

also check battery's, some rf stuff really struggled when battery starts to drop off

Is the boiler on 'winter mode'? Sorry if that's bleeding obvious.

also check battery's, some rf stuff really struggled when battery starts to drop off

Hi all I played some more last night and I think I have solved the problem as I managed to get the Central heating working by bypassing the BR1 unit proving that when the BR1 unit suggests it is sending a call for heat it isn't - I when I listen very carefully I can hear the microswitch/relay doesn't appear to be working - so I need a new unit and my boiler is fine... job done - thanks for stopping by

Relay broken . Same as Siemens unit. Common fault . Is it about 2 years old?

Buy new one exactly same from Pts ...... Wait about a week then take it back demand a refund. Swap base unit only as u can pair them. Put new cover back on old receiver in box. I can assure u I have never done this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, just read this thread, ive got exactly same problem, same about 2 years old. Going to do the pts trick. Just to confirm, am i buying another BR1 part or the BPS242RF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating not coming on - Boss Therm BR1 Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock