Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating. Blocked feeder pipe from Attic to pump. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe i have a very serious blockage in my feeder pipe from the tank to the pump in my central heating system, The pipe work is copper. but probably at least more than thirty years old. I have a magna clean fitted. So the water in the radiators is extremely clean I had both F10 and F1 added to the system. But this has not stopped the bacteria in the pipe . probably because it is front of the pump ... any ideas what the cause and any remedies i can use..

Blocked feed is caused by poor system layout. And years of pulling air in. .
It's easily fixed by replacing the blocked pipework and finding the cause of air ingress

Have you had the small tank cleaned ? has it got a lid ? its dirt from small tank pipe will need cutting and cleaning will be blocked where feed from tank is connected to system common problem on old tank fed systems

On an old system the feed pipe , expansion pipe and pump will be all over the place , all 3 want "close coupling " .
You may need a plumber in , but if you fancy a go google "close coupling " unless somebody else could help with a diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating. Blocked feeder pipe from Attic to pump. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock