Search the forum,

Discuss CAST iron radiator paint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lokking to paint a couple of cast iron rads. Seen one company who supply it but state only suitable for gas fired heating not solid fuel or oil. Now having an oil boiler thought an odd statement. Their blurb states "It is suitable for Gas Central Heating radiators - not solid fuel / oil due to the higher temperatures that they reach. "
Surely the temp of the water supplied by the boiler has no reference to the fuel used just the theremostat setting on the boiler.

Seems very odd indeed! A lot of gas heating I see are being run at very high temperatures, although it no doubt is without proper reason.
New condensing oil boilers are actually running at much lower heat, so I can't see what the difference could be.
Better just to check what maximum normal operating temperature is quoted for their paint. And buy another brand of paint if in doubt

I agree just wondered if I was missing something obvious. Will ask them tomorrow what temp the paint can stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CAST iron radiator paint in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock